Through collective bargaining we get results for workers.
- Decent wages
- Safer working conditions
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Protection from harassment
- Parental leave top-up
- Elder care and bereavement leave
- Pension and retirement benefits
- Long-term disability
- Vacation above the minimum
- Sick leave
Our gains benefit all workers
Every gain unions make raises the standards for all workers. New gains happen every day.
- Health and safety laws
- Parental leave
- Basic employment standards
- Pay equity
- Same-sex benefits
- The 8-hour day and the weekend
- Minimum wages
- Vacation standards and statutory holidays
- Anti-harassment laws
- A voice in your workplace
Unions help people everywhere
Unions help create positive change. We advocate for new and better services.
- The Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security
- Human rights laws
- Quality public services like education, health care, and child care
- Services in support of healthy communities like waste management, clean water, public health and social services
- Employment insurance and other supports for workers
Our ability to make these gains is threatened
Some politicians want to undermine your ability to bargain collectively by taking away your union’s right to collect dues from all members, or by stopping us from taking political action. Our action helps create laws that benefit working people, and if the politicians succeed, everyone will be worse off.
For more information on United Fairness go to: http://uniteforfairness.ca/